Advance Care Planning
Your future. Your choice.
As you age, it’s essential to share how you want your health care needs fulfilled. Southwest Medical Associates can help you make a plan to make your wishes known.
Together, We Can Make a Plan
Advanced care planning is a process that brings you, your family and your health care providers together to make sure your wishes are met. Advance care planning will help you discuss:
- Personal values and beliefs you have about your health care
- Your current health and how it could change in the future
- Your health care goals, wishes and what you consider most important
- Health care options available to you if you ever need life-sustaining treatments
- List of treatments you’re willing to undergo and those you are not
This is an opportunity to make decisions about your future care and to make your goals clear to your family and providers. Learn more on how to start the conversation.
Southwest Medical has partnered with Luminat to bring you a complimentary online advance care planning tool that walks you through the planning process, step by step.
Advance Directives is a legal written statement of your wishes regarding your future health care decisions.
Learn more about Advance Directives and why it's so important, as well as free seminars available to you.